Microwaves are almost found in every alternate Indian households. This is because they are so convenient to use.
You can use it for almost everything be it reaheating leftovers, baking, grilling. But its very import for you to know how to clean microwave oven easily and effectively.
There’s nothing worse when you are heating a pizza and its tasting last night’s Chinese food or day before yesterday’s butter chicken.
Probably you had the same experience at some point, and it can make your leftovers go from um to yuck.
You open your microwave door and it smells chicken roast from two days ago, it’s time to it a full cleaning from inside.
The inside of your microwave should sparkle and if its not then don’t worry:
The process is incredibly easy and will only take about five minutes.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clean microwave oven safely and effectively in no time.
What You’ll Need:
- A microwave safe glass bowl / pot.
- 1 – 2 Tablespoon of Vinegar.
- Normal Water.
- 5 minutes of your time.
- White Clean Piece of Cloth
Reference & Video Courtesy: https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Microwave
How To Clean Your Microwave Oven
- Fill a microwave-safe glass bowl half full of water.
- Add a tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Place inside the microwave.
- Turn on for 5 minutes. You may need less time in a high-powered microwave oven; keep an eye on it the first time you try this. This will steam up the walls of the microwave and loosen the dried-on gunk.
- Remove the glass container. Wipe down the inside of the microwave with a clean rag or paper towel to remove any residue.
- The loose gunk should come off easily now.
- Take out the glass tray or turntable and wash it like a dish. You could even run it through the dishwasher if you have time.
How to Clean Microwave Exteriors
Here’s another place you can utilize your all-purpose cleaner (or even a sudsy mix of dish soap and water).
Just make sure you apply the cleaner with a cloth or sponge — don’t spray directly on the appliance, or you’ll risk cleaner getting into the vent holes.
“You don’t want cleaner getting into the inner workings of the microwave,” Forte says. “And don’t spray the control panel directly either.”
When you’re done applying the cleaner, rinse with a clean sponge or cloth and buff dry.
It is mandatory and your duty to regularly clean your microwave oven if you are using it daily. We have listed the most quick, hygienic and easy method to clean your microwave oven.
Let us know what do you think about it in the comment section bellow. Also let us know what other methods you follow to clean your microwave oven.
- 5 Best Solo Microwave Oven Under 10000 – Top Picks | Reviews
- 9 Best Microwave Oven In India 2020 | Best Convection Microwave Oven
- Top 5 Best Convection Microwave Oven In India 2020 – Honest Reviews!
- 9 Best Kitchen Chimney In India 2020 – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
- 5 Most Crucial Factors To Consider Before Your Next Electronic Purchase