How would you like to have a cold and refreshing drink in this hot summer? Great! isn’t is? Then what are you waiting for? Buy a refrigerator and quench your thirst. In this article, I will help you to find the best single door refrigerator in India for you.
So sit back and continue reading…
There are so many top single door refrigerator brands available in the market. These brands can confuse you a lot with their tall claims.
Also, there are different other types of refrigerators available in the market like double door refrigerator, triple door refrigerator, side-by-side refrigerator, French door refrigerator etc. with each having their own advantages and disadvantages.
But in this article we are going to discuss only about the best single door refrigerator in India 2021. These refrigerators are packed with features and of-course within your budget.
Single door refrigerators are the most basic kind of refrigerators. As the name suggests it only has one single door on it.
It is also known as direct cool refrigerator. Here, the freezer is inside the refrigerator.
In the single door refrigerator, the refrigerant passes near the freezer to maximize the cooling in the freezer.
Now we see some of the advantages and disadvantages of single door refrigerator.
Every electronic machine has its advantages and disadvantages. Lets check the advantages of a single door refrigerator.
Here is some of the disadvantages of a single door refrigerator you will see:
Best Single Door Refrigerator In India (At a Glance)
- LG 190 L 4 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Whirlpool 200 L 4 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Samsung 192 L 3 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Haier 195 L 4 Star Direct-Cool Single-Door Refrigerator
- Godrej 190 L 5 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Best Single Door Refrigerator In India 2021
01. LG 190 L 4 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator – Best Single Door Refrigerator (Editor’s Choice)
The LG 190L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator comes first in our list of the best single door refrigerator in India. It comes with a smart inverter compressor.
The smart inverter compressor is specifically designed to provide exceptional performance. This single inverter compressor also provides a super silent operation, stabilizer free operation, and great savings.
This 190L 4 Star Single Door Refrigerator works on solar smart technology. Moreover, solar smart technology makes this refrigerator able to work on solar energy, though the solar panel requirement varies from one model to another.
The solar smart technology will be applicable only on the Made in India refrigerator models that come with a smart inverter compressor.
With this LG refrigerator, you will get spill-proof toughened glass shelves. These shelves are made of toughened and durable glass that can hold heavy food items, juice jugs, or bowls.
These spill-proof toughened glass shelves can hold approximately 175 kg weight.
With this refrigerator, you will get the support of stabilizer free operation. With stabilizer free operation, the refrigerator will work at a voltage range of 90 to 310 volt.
It ensures that you don’t need any stabilizer for this freeze.
LG refrigerator offers smart connections. The revolutionary smart connect technology will help you to connect the refrigerator to the home inverter if there will happen power cuts.
The smart connect feature also offers the convenience to store food for a long time without spoilage.
The second in our list of the best single door refrigerator in India 2021 is this 200 liter refrigerator from Whirlpool.
The Whirlpool 200L single door refrigerator works on plasma inverter technology. The plasma inverter technology helps to operate the refrigerator at 80V.
Moreover, plasma inverter technology assures 25 years of the lifetime of the refrigerator.
This Whirlpool refrigerator also comes with insulated capillary technology. In this particular technology, the capillary takes the coolant of the refrigerator from the compressor to the freezer that gets entirely surrounded by the super cold gas.
This extremely cold gas enhances the efficiency of the compressor and ensures faster and longer cooling for almost 12 hours during power cuts.
With the Whirlpool 200L refrigerator, you will get a removable anti-bacterial gasket. The anti-bacterial gasket is easy to clean and easy to remove.
This anti-bacterial gasket helps to keep the refrigerator liner clean and prevent the spread of fungus and bacteria.
Thereby, this removable anti-bacterial gasket keeps your food hygienic for more extended periods.
This refrigerator offers laminar airflow. This unique cooling discharges at the back of the refrigerator and confirms the supercooling of the refrigerator.
The Whirlpool 200L fridge also provides honeycomb moisture lock-in technology. The honeycomb moisture lock-in technology helps to lock optimum moisture in the vegetables and offers garden freshness for almost seven days.
The Samsung 192L single door refrigerator comes with the digital inverter compressor. The digital inverter technology helps to adjust the compressor speed in response to cooling demand across seven levels.
For the digital inverter compressor, the refrigerator consumes less energy, and reduce noise. The digital inverter compressor also ensures longer-lasting performance.
This 192L refrigerator comes with a crown designed door. The stylish round-top design enhances the look of the refrigerator.
This round-top shaped crown door design of the refrigerator enhances the entire look of your kitchen by providing an elegant look.
With this 192L Samsung refrigerator, you will see the island-type handle. This island-type handle offers elegant minimalism to the refrigerator.
The island-type handle makes the refrigerator perfect for your modern kitchen.
Moreover, the island-type handle will give you the convenience to quickly open the refrigerator door.
It also comes with durable glass shelves. These tough and durable glass shelves are made to hold approximately 150kg weight safely.
So, now you can store a lot of fruits, juice jugs, bowls, and containers on these durable and toughened glass shelves.
The Haier 195L single door refrigerator works on hour icing technology. This refrigerator comes with longer condenser coils and heavy-duty PUF insulation.
Thereby, the cooling of the refrigerator remains fresh and intact. And due to this process, the freezer can produce ice within an hour.
This refrigerator comes with an anti-fungal gasket. This anti-fungal gasket is easy to remove. Hence, you can remove and clean this anti-fungal gasket easily.
The anti-fungal gasket will help to prevent fungal infection and also will keep the foods fresh and hygenic for a more extended period.
The refrigerator also offers a bottle guard. In the bottle storage place now, you can safely place your glass bottles with the help pf bottle guards.
The bottle guards are also ideal for chilling tall bottles of soft drinks.
This refrigerator comes with stabilizer free operation. With the stabilizer free operation, the refrigerator gets able to work on 135 volts to 290 volts.
It ensures that there is no need for additional stabilizers to operate this refrigerator.
This Haier 195L refrigerator comes with the fresh room feature. The fresh room feature ensures the coolness and freshness of the products that you store in the refrigerator.
Moreover, the fresh room feature the vegetables will always be fresh and ready to make a salad.
Our list of the best single door refrigerator ends with Godrej single door refrigerator. This refrigerator comes with the thickest insulation.
The thickest PUF insulation of 2.75 inches ensures the best cooling retention. Moreover, it ensures freshness for a long time in the refrigerator.
With this refrigerator, you will get the aqua space of 2.25 liter. In the 2.25-liter bottle storages, you can adequately store huge juice bottle or cold drink bottles.
This huge aqua space offers enough storage for your jumbo-sized water bottles too.
It also comes with a jumbo vegetable tray. The jumbo vegetable tray offers extra storage space for that you always crave.
In this jumbo vegetable tray, now you can store a lot of vegetables, and the vegetables will always be ready to serve a delicious and healthy salad.
With this 210L Godrej refrigerator, you also get the aroma lock feature. This aroma lock feature helps to lock the delicious smell of your tasty foods.
It offers the freshness of 24 hours. The 24 Hour Freshness lock helps to keep the fruits and vegetables fresh for 24 hours.
Best Single Door Refrigerator – Quick Buying Guide
Here, We will list some buying guide tips to look at before buying a single door refrigerator for your home.
- Inverter technology: The inverter technology is also available in refrigerators like air conditioner. This optimizes the electricity consumption of the refrigerator by adjusting the power supply to the compressor.
- Space: The space available in your kitchen or home is also a big consideration while picking your fridge. Always check the refrigerator measurements of your choice and notice whether it fits in your available space or not.
- Energy Rating: Energy Efficiency Rating or star ratings are given to appliances means how energy efficient they actually are. The more the star rating, the more energy-efficient your refrigerator will be. If you wish to go in-depth into this aspect, you can look for the total electricity units (kWh) that your model will use in a year.
- Compressors: Compressors are useful for maintaining the temperatures inside the fridge. Generally, smaller fridges come with general compressors, while medium and large-sized refrigerators craft with inverter compressors.
- Cool Pack: A cool pack is a feature capable of keeping the freezer cool for around 12 hours without any power supply. This type of refrigerators are convenient in areas where there are electricity problems.
Best Single Door Refrigerator – Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. What is a single door refrigerator?
Single door refrigerator is nothing but a fridge which comes with only one door. It may offer a storage capacity between 50 to 250-litres.
Moreover, this product is ideal for such small families where only 1 to 4 members live together.
2. What is defrosting?
In most single door fridge, you will see the defrost system. This defrost system of refrigerator helps to reach the temperature of the water below the freezing point.
When the fridge runs for an extended period, a layer of frost gets built around the evaporator coil. This layer of ice does not allow the cooling effect to pass from the evaporator into the freezer.
Thus the refrigerator acts as an insulator. Thereby the refrigerator leads to the loss of the cooling effect.
Thus the refrigerator gets a less freezing impact.
3. What are the advantages of a single door refrigerator?
For the first time, most of the people have used a single door refrigerator. It is the most affordable and commonly used refrigerator among all. There are several advantages of a single door refrigerator including;
- A single door refrigerator is the most energy-efficient refrigerator. Compared to double door refrigerators, it may consume a meagre amount of energy, around 30 to 40% less than others.
- It also comes with a compact size between 50 to 250-litres, ideal for a couple or small family.
- A single door refrigerator is also affordable enough. Most of the top brands, like Samsung, Whirlpool, LG etc. offer single door refrigerator at a reasonable price.
- This refrigerator takes less floor space.
- It operates through the basis of direct cooling technology.
4. What are the disadvantages of a single door refrigerator?
If you want to purchase a single door refrigerator, then you need to tolerate such things below;
- As it comes with direct cool technology only, you have to clean the ice manually, even without any frost-free favours.
- It has limited storage capacity, thereby not suitable for big families.
- It comes with only a single door, so whenever you need to open a freezer, you have to open its main door first after then the freezer.
- The compartment of a single-door refrigerator is quite smaller because of its tiny shelves and space constraints. Thereby large vessels or bottles may not be appropriately placed. It will help if you fit several things in such a congested way.
5. Can I use disinfect to clean my single door refrigerator?
It would help if you never tried to clean inside your refrigerator with disinfectants such as bleach. It contains such strong chemicals; thereby, if your food or meals, along with kitchen cleaning products, comes into contact with any disinfectants, it may cause illness.
So, to clean inside your refrigerator, try to use safe, formulated products such as natural cleaners, which may not harm your fridge.
6. What is the use of the fans in a single door refrigerator?
In single door refrigerators generally, two fans are available. One fan is placed inside the refrigerator that moves the air around the coil.
This fan gives the maximum coolness and it is very helpful for single door direct cooling refrigerators. And, the other fan is placed under the refrigerator that cools downs the compressor.
7. How long does a single door refrigerator last?
In any situation, a single door fridge may last for at least 10 to 15 years conveniently. The repairing cost entirely depends on its components; the older your unit becomes, the higher expenses you have to bear for fixing it.
8. What is the freezer burn?
Freezer burn is a common issue that many users face. This issue is related to how the food is packaged that you keep in the refrigerator.
Freezer burn happens when the food dehydrates by being exposed to the freezer air. Hence, when you want to keep food in the refrigerator for several days you should put it in an airtight container or plastic bags that are made for preserving foods.
Still, there is no harm to consume food with freezer burn as the taste only gets changed.
9. How much space should I leave on each side of my fridge?
While you are purchasing a refrigerator, you should always keep in mind the sufficient space clearance that it will require. Therefore, a gentle space of ½ feet to 1-feet, you should still maintain between your cabinetry and walls.
Moreover, if your room is spacious enough, then preferably, you may keep 2-feet of clearance.
10. Which brands can I go for a single door refrigerator?
In order to purchase a single door refrigerator, you should go for a good brand. There are several brands offers such ideal single door refrigerators including,
- LG 270 L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator.
- Whirlpool 190L Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator.
- Samsung 192 L 2 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator.
- Haier 195 L 5 Star Direct-Cool Single-Door Refrigerator.
11. Does my refrigerator need annual maintenance?
Yes, a refrigerator needs maintenance once in a year at least. An yearly maintenance will surely enhance the efficiency of your refrigerator.
12. Why is my single door refrigerator leaking water?
Your single door refrigerator can leak water for several reasons. A blocked defrost drain is the most common reason for leaking water.
When the debris or food particles clog up the drain hose, it can cause water leaking from the freezer of your refrigerator.
Conclusion – Wrapping up!
In conclusion, we can say that a refrigerator is a long-term investment. You put your hard-earned money into buying this essential appliance for your family.
If you think wisely in the initial stage it will save you a lot of money in the future. Buy a refrigerator from a reputed brand which is superior in quality and builds.
A cheap or inferior quality refrigerator will give you a lot of trouble in the long run. But spending too much is also not advisable.
Therefore, it is advisable that you make a correct choice.
We hope our in-depth study will help you in your purchase. If you have any other queries regarding purchase of the best single door refrigerator in India post them in the comments section below.
We will definitely answer them.
Santanu Bit Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of REVIEWCIRCLES. He is Bachelor of Science has experience of 5+ years in Technology Blogging, Consumer Behaviour study and his expertise area includes Heavy To Large Appliances and Consumer Electronics.